Can I just have a minute to talk about American Idol this year? I have to say I'm pretty happy with the people who made it to the top 13. But so far, this is not the most amazing crop of talent I've ever seen. However, there are a few people of note (click their names to see them perform): I'm really excited to see what Allison Irheta will do in the finals. She's only 16, the youngest in the finals, but I think she's the most talented of the group. I'm also a fan of Lil Rounds. I've been impressed with her since her first audition, so I'm happy she made it. Then there's Adam Lambert, who's voice can't be described as anything other than insane. His range is ridiculous. I think he's going to go far. An interesting addition to this year's finalists is Scott MacIntyre. He's legally blind and plays the piano. I think he's a sweet guy and very humble, but I'm not crazy about his musical style and his voice isn't the most amazing. But he's charasmatic, and that counts for something. I just hope he doesn't get voted through week after week BECAUSE he's blind, you know?
And let's just talk for a minute about Tatiana Del Toro. I mean, I am so repulsed by that girl that I actually have a physical reaction when I see her. She didn't make it to the finals, thank heaven, but she made the semi-fianls, and when she wasn't voted through after her first performance, she was given a second shot in the wildcard round. Why?? Your guess is as good as mine. There were about four or five other people who truly deserved that shot and did not get it because Tatiana got the spot. Don't know who I'm talking about? Here's a sample:
This girl is grade A crazy. I mean, last night she started speaking with a latin accent! She has never had one before in her history on this show! And the night she was told she made the wildcard round she said in her classic melo-dramatic fashion, "I want to sing for you more than anyone has ever wanted to do anything ever, ever, ever!" Really? I can think of a few things people have probably wanted more. For starters, your blind friend Scott probably wants to be able to see pretty bad. Let's just say good ridance. She was like a roach that wouldn't die, but now we've finally squashed her for good. Now that we've gotten rid of the excess, let's enjoy the REAL show starting next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for letting us know how you REALLY fell! :)
Although I have to agree, I only saw one show and it had Tatiana on it, and I was immediately rooting against her.
Post a Comment