Things Are Looking Up...A Little

8:43 PM, Wednesday, January 14, 2009 / Posted by Christy /

So, my friends, things have improved slightly since we last spoke. Well, some things resolved themselves anyway. On Sunday Eduardo called me at work to say he had found an apartment he thought would be perfect for he and I and his brother. I rushed to Queens after work to see it, but was unimpressed. Ultimately, I think I'm just not willing to leave my rent controlled Upper West Side studio for anything less than an amazingly perfect place. And the place I saw Sunday night wasn't it. This (with good reason) frustrated Eduardo. We mutually decided later that night that it would be better for just he and his brother to find a place for themselves. I didn't want to delay them anymore by being picky. Luckily, he was able to find (according to him...I haven't seen it yet) a perfect place in Queens. It certainly sounds like a better place than where he lives now. He and his brother currently rent a tiny room from a large family in their apartment. The family is very nice (I'm actually a godmother to their two younger daughters), but the room is too small for the two boys and all their stuff. So now they are moving to a one-bedroom apartment of their own including a livingroom, kitchen, and bathroom. This will make my visits to his place much more enjoyable since we'll have room to spread out and have a little space from his brother and the various guests that he sometimes has over. So, the apartment thing is over and a huge weight off my mind.

I'm still unemployed as of this Sunday, but I'm hoping to get some kind of job in the interim until I get my job back. I'm just hoping for a very brief lay-off period. If I hope, maybe it will come true.

So, the state of my nerves is improving. I'm not totally my usual, optomisitic self, but I feel a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm getting there.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment