Fall Events

10:48 PM, Thursday, November 6, 2008 / Posted by Christy /

As promised, here's a couple pictures from the Starving Artists Halloween Ball that took place on October 30:

View of the party from the VIP area


Ariel acrobatics performance by New York Circus Arts


Eduardo in his Zorro costume along with my friend Anu

Sorry I don't have any pictures of myself, but I didn't take any! I was a bit too busy to pose for many photos, but I may be getting a couple from friends. Anyway, the night was a huge success! But it was SO much work. Oh, well. Everyone had fun and the party was off the hook.

Something major has happened that I MUST comment on. Barack Obama is the next president of the United States! I had to take a picture of the TV to mark the historic moment:


This election night was completely different than the one I experienced four years ago. Four years ago I was watching the results alone in my Beavercreek, OH apartment and feeling very tense and nervous...and not in a good way. This year I watched with friends in an East Village apartment full of hopeful anticipation. Every blue state was a touchdown. The Ohio and Pennsylvania announcements brought some close to tears. And by the end of the night, nearly everyone was crying from joy, relief, pride in our country, and hope for the future. I haven't been this happy about politics...ever. And as we left the gathering that night, we found ourselves on a street full of roudy supporters. Chants of "OBAMA!" and "Yes we can!" filled the streets of New York. I later found out that 88% of Manhattan voted for Obama. That would explain the island-wide celebration.

Labels: ,

3 comments:

Comment by sarah cool on November 7, 2008 at 9:06 AM

::sigh of happiness::

I also shed some tears! It was a really significant moment.

Guess what - I'm coming to NYC for at least 3 days this month or next! Let's get dinner???

Comment by Christy on November 7, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Let me know! I have a job now, so I'm not TOTALLY free like I have been the last few months. Just let me know when you're coming as soon as you can so I can make sure I have some free time for ya!

Anonymous on November 8, 2008 at 12:26 PM

:)

Post a Comment