Night Time Shenanigans

11:50 PM, Wednesday, October 22, 2008 / Posted by Christy /

I have always prided myself on being a person who does not do weird things in my sleep. I don't talk. I don't make weird noises. I don't walk around. Sometimes I might kick, steal the covers, or snore lightly if I have a cold. But that's about it. But the other night I did something totally weird. I was over at Eduardo's place in Queens and it was late and we were watching TV. He suddenly announced that he was hungry and wanted to go get something to eat. I wasn't hungry and it was cold outside, so I told him to just go and I'd stay at the apartment. So, he left for the taco stand across the street and I, of course, fell asleep. I'm sure I was only out for 15 min tops, but I definitely was totally asleep. So, Eduardo returned with his food, which woke me up, but I was so groggy that I said, "Did you buy the place?" What the hell was I talking about!? I have no idea! So, when Eduardo replied, "What?" I said what I meant to say the first time which was, "What did you get to eat?" Seriously! That's what I wanted to say! That was the sentence that was somewhat formed, but apparently not formed enough, in my head when I said, "Did you buy the place?" It's like my mouth just spit something out before my brain had a chance to catch up. It was really weird. For those of you who have all kinds of night time shenanigans, this is probably nothing. But, like I said, that was a first for me and it was a totally weird feeling!

Labels: ,

2 comments:

Comment by sarah cool on October 23, 2008 at 10:36 AM

MMM TACOS

Anonymous on October 31, 2008 at 12:10 AM

hmm... I always prided myself on night time weirdness and then I learned I do snore.

Bummer

Post a Comment