I've recently gotten a glimpse of several happening around me that make me appreciate where I live. This is mostly because lately I've been running all over Manhattan doing the bidding of Studio 42 (see previous post for what Studio 42 is), but rather than begrudge them for it (and I really can't because I love my non-paying job), I take these opportunities to enjoy the living city around me.
So, the other day I was walking near Times Square and saw some big trailers parked on the street, which means some movie or TV show is probably shooting near by. It isn't an odd sight in New York. I started to walk more slowly to see if I could figure out what was filming, and I saw this on the trailer...
...and that made me smile.
Yesterday I was riding the bus, sitting towards the back, reading the Total Money Makeover, and I heard someone's cell phone ring. I looked up and realized the ring tone was the theme to the original Superman movies. And here's where the story gets good. The man with the cell phone raised both of his hands over his head, fists clenched, in his best Superman pose. I looked at him in amazement, but I didn't feel bad about staring since I would guess that's what he was going for. He held his pose until I can only guess that he knew the phone was about to go to voice mail, and then lowered his arms and answered the phone casually. And that made me smile.
A few days ago I was running some errands in the theatre district and walked by the big bad Scientology building located on 46th Street here in Manhattan. Usually I see a few dianetics pamphlets scattered on the street near the building. But this time I noticed a group of people across the street from the building, with signs and pamphlets yelling "Scientology is a lie!"
And that made me smile.
And just one more thing that makes me smile. I'm not sure if the IO cable commercials play in other states, but in New York, they are super popular. Here's the latest and I laugh pretty much every time it comes on!
I like it even better in Spanish, but unfortunately couldn't find that on YouTube.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
what sights! I am going to have to visit NYC again some time...I can't imagine living in such a big place- you have an adventurous heart!
And about the ole post thing the other day, its so fine- there are some individuals I would rather not argue with - that was all.
Post a Comment