A couple weeks ago a friend from Studio 42 sent me an email letting me know about a one-time gig helping out with a JC Penney fashion show. I promptly sent along my resume to the company, and eventually heard back a kind of iffy response...something like, "Your resume looks great and if we don't use you for this job, we'll probably use you in the future." So, I kind of thought that meant "no" because I didn't hear anything else for a while. But then just a few days ago, I did hear from the company again saying they would like me to work the event...but it would be on the strike crew from 10pm to 4am! Sounds like a rough shift, but I'm always awake then anyway, so I figured I could do it, especially since I'm pretty desperate for cash! And the pay was a flat fee of $175. Not bad for 6 hours of work.
So, I showed up Tuesday night ready for a long and tedious night. It was kind of tedious, but it turned out not to be too long. I packed up votive candles, removed butterfly stickers from the floors and windows, and helped move stuff out into trucks. But at about 1am, we were done! And I still got paid $175! I hope they'll call me again because I could use the easy money.
The wind here is CRAZY today. I was woken up several times in the early morning hours because of the howling winds. I heard the weather was bad in Ohio yesterday...storms, wind, power out. It seems to have moved east over night. I watched the news this morning and saw that it is pretty dangerous out there. I haven't left home yet and I'm kind of afraid to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment