I'm on a quest to get an AC unit installed in my window. I have lived in this tiny apartment for three years now. Each summer this room reaches unbearable temperatures. I turn on the fans, take multiple cold showers every day, and walk around with little to no clothing on. The reason I have put up with this and not installed an AC, is because this is my window:
As you can see, there is no easy way to do this. The window doesn't slide up. I need to hire someone to build a new frame for the window that will fit around the AC unit. I got an estimate a while back from an AC installation company and they said it would be $750! No way. I've hired someone through craigslist that I think will do just fine. The other night I got a Zipcar and Eduardo and I drove to his place to pick up his old AC unit that is a bit too small to cool his room, but will be perfect for mine.
Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a nice "after" photo of the AC in my window. And it will be a more pleasant summer for me...and Tangent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment