We Are Wizards

6:58 PM, Thursday, April 10, 2008 / Posted by Christy /

Spring is here for real! Finally! I love spring!

Ok, enough exuberance over the weather.

I had a fun event this past week. I went to the east coast premiere screening of the film We Are Wizards at the New York Underground Film Festival. It's a documentary that I was filmed and interviewed for on a couple occasions about the subculture surrounding the Harry Potter phenomenon. It was a really interesting subject for a documentary because it had nothing to do with J.K. Rowling, the books, the movies, the actors...anything mainstream. It had to do with the things that have sprung off as a result of all that stuff. That was a vague sentence. Perhaps you should just watch the trailer (parental warning, there is strong language in this trailer):



I am just off screen in a couple of these trailer shots. But in the actual film I have a whole second of real screen time! Yes!

At the screening I actually got to meet a girl I've had an exclusively online relationship with up until now, Cheryl Klein. She is an editor for Scholastic and a member of the "Harry Potter Brain Trust," meaning that she is one of only a few people on the planet who got to read and work on the book before it came out. She actually got to fly to London just to pick up a rough manuscript of one book and then carry it on a plane back to New York. Um...coolest job ever. Anyway, it was fun to meet her in person after emailing and reading each others' blogs for a few years.

On a totally unrelated note, last night was the annual Idol Gives Back charity concert. I downloaded this song the moment I heard it. So good! Please give it a listen below.




Annie Lennox - Many Rivers To Cross

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment